Speakers & Agenda
2011 Spring Gathering / Cannabis Classic Expert Discussion Panels
HOSTED BY SARAH DIESEL
The Spring Gathering has invited some of the most recognized guest speakers and celebrities in the cannabis movement to participate in four expert discussion panels. Topics will cover science, the latest advancements in hydroponics, influential women, and the future of the modern cannabis movement. Audience Q & A sessions will follow each panel. Head to the Medical Marijuana Expo to catch our exciting and enlightening conversations.
Women in Cannabis - 1pm - 2pmThese inspiring women stand out in a male dominant industry. Moderated by Sarah Diesel.
- Yami Bolanos - PureLife Wellness Center
- Valerie Corral - Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana
- Debby Goldsberry - Cannabis Action Network
- Dale Sky Jones - Oaksterdam University
- Allison Margolin - LA Attorney
- Mikki Norris - West Coast Leaf
The Latest Advancements in Cannabis Cultivation - 2:15 - 3:15pmDecades of experience come together on one stage to discuss the latest advancements in cannabis horticulture. Moderated by Ed Rosenthal.
- Ed Rosenthal - "The Guru of Ganja"
- Kyle Kushman - Veganics
- Steve Tuck - Pot TV Grow Expert
- Mel Frank - Author
- Clark Metcalfe - 'The Cannabis Cowboy'
The Science of Cannabis - 3:30 - 4:30pmTurning up the light and turning down the heat on this beneficial plant, the nation’s leading researchers are helping make science the dominant driver in today’s cannabis dialogue. Moderated by Michael Backes.
- Michael Backes - Cornerstone Research
- Irvin Rosenfeld - Federal Medical Cannabis Patient
- Jeff Raber - The Werc Shop
- Chris Van Hook - Clean Green
- Martin Lee - Project CBD
The Modern Cannabis Movement - 4:45 - 5:45pmThe pioneers of cannabis discuss the future of this modern movement. Moderated by Stephen Gutwlling.
- Stephen Gutwillig - Drug Policy Alliance
- Jeff Jones- Yes on Prop 19, Patient ID Center
- Chris Conrad - West Coast Leaf
- Don Duncan - ASA
Lanny Swerdlow - THCF Medical Clinic
Dale Gieringer - CA NORML
Sarah Lovering - Activist, MPP
Patients get to vote on every category of the awards except the Best Strain category. That category is reserved for patients who purchase a Judge's Pass at participating dispensaries. Click 'Get Tix' link above for more info.
Nominate Your Product or Service
Have a product, service, dispensary, delivery service or person you want to nominate for a Patient Choice Award? Ensure your represented by using the contact form on the right!
Medical marijuana patients who bring their recs to the show will be able to medicate in the peaceful Medicating Lounge adjacent to the venue. Vaporizers and joint papers provided!
Music & Medicine:
A Perfect Match
Music is medicine. Marijuana is medicine. Together these two forces have the power to uplift, inspire and encourage. WeedMaps is proud to be partners with Guerilla Union on Dr. Greenthumb's and Tommy Chong's 2011 Spring Gathering.